Google’s goal clearly is to help each search user find the correct information they’re looking for as quickly as possible.
In order to achieve that, Google has issued four major algorithm updates, named (in chronological order) Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird and Pigeon. The Panda update is primarily concerned about quality content, while Penguin wants to drown spammy links that strive to manipulate search engine rankings. Hummingbird algorithm makes use of over 200 ranking factors to determine the relevance and quality score of a particular site. The Pigeon update is aimed to increase the ranking of local listing in a search.
Everyone wants to achieve better search rankings. That’s because organic search traffic is a proven driver of business growth.
According to Sharad Agarwal, CEO of GuestPosts.Biz, "One important lesson that we’ve learned is that SEO is never constant. It’s continuously evolving and today’s ‘best practices’ can become outdated tomorrow."
Google is not human which is why specific keywords help it understand what your pages are about, advancements such as machine learning are paving the way for search engines to better understand your content.
Today, content that is well researched, in-depth and that gets shared on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and the other major social platforms continues to rank well, perhaps even more highly than before. Whether it’s long form or short form content, it has to be epic. With YouTube being the second largest search engine, video is on the rise. Watching is becoming more entertaining than reading!
Top 5 factors that help in ranking high in Google.
1. Improved rankings for in-depth content – This content must add value, be interesting to the reader and solve a definite problem.
2. Fresh content advantage – Most of the popular sites post new content at least once a week.
3. Brand awareness – Build links that will improve your brand and relevance online.
4. Focus on Users – Conversational content is key, topics are more important than keywords.
5. Optimise for Mobiles – A ‘responsive web site’ is a must to be featured in mobile searches.
7 Factors to keep in mind to ensure your organic search results remain meaningful.
1. Remove duplicate content
2. Avoid poor quality inbound links
3. Reduce high bounce rate
4. Work on increasing repeat site visitors
5. Decrease site load time
6. Avoid keywords stuffing
7. HTTPS is a must for new sites
In summary, one needs to focus on more video content, mobile optimization using ‘Accelerated Mobile Pages’ (AMP) , optimizing for topics over keywords, integration of semantic search, voice search over keyboard search, faster page loading speed, actionable content and quality over quantity in regards to content.
GuestPosts.Biz helps you drive traffic to your web site through Guest Posts, Link Building, SEO and ‘Pay-per-Click’ campaigns
For more information, contact: